Modern education turning upside down?
1) The modern state and public schoola are under pressure from globalization effects as increased immigration, more inequality and a shrinking state-economy. How to give the whole
population good enough education?
2) Alternative education in the 90-ies were individual freedom-projects. To day montessori-schools and other private education seem to be pedagogical renewing, but also liberal and religious upper-middleclass and rich
peoples escape from public schools.
3) Changing conflicts of ideas: Identity politics/populism, knowledge/competance. ideology/facts and secularity/religion, also effect schools and education.
Dr. in education from University of Oslo. Norway. Researched and teached for 35 years in sociology of education and research methods at University of Oslo. Research topics:
- Youth and education
- Small schools in rural areas
- Home education (dr thesis)